IDA Quick Start
If you require any further information, please Contact Support
Quick start guide PDF
Tap the Collector icon
You may be taken to a sign in page. If so, choose the default (do nothing) and press continue.
The device is already logged into ArcGIS Online. If you are prompted for credentials at this point contact email@example.com
Please note: Most users will be taken directly to the map choices.
In the list of maps, tap the map's thumbnail that corresponds with your assigned zip code.
1. The application will zero in on your location. To magnify a specific target touch the screen with two fingers and spread the fingers.
2. GPS positioning accuracy.
3. To Update the existing point press the plus sign.
Points are pre-populated and are defaulted to "No Damage".
4. Choose the level of structural damage to begin the collection process.
5. Choose the Update Point button.
6. Take a photo of the structure. Photos are an important part of the process. You are encouraged to take as many photos as possible. To accept the photo taken press OK.
7. Attach a video if necessary. To accept the video taken press OK.
The Assessment page.
Answer each question to the best of your ability.
8. If the date and time do not automatically pre-populate, tap the field and choose the date.
9. Once completed press the checkbox in the upper left corner of the screen to submit.
1. Tap the icon to enable the information form.
2. Tap name of the event to access all the available feature options (copy, edit, delete, zoom to, directions to).
1. To view the details of the feature to edit tap Edit Feature.
3. (if editing attributes) Update the form – tap a field to edit it, tap the check in the upper right corner when field is complete.
4. (if editing attachments) Tap the photo or video you would like to update and then press the ellipse in the upper right corner to rename, remove or resave. Tap Done when attachment changes are in place.
The Initial Damage Assessment application is fully operational offline. To access the "offline" map:
3. Press the ellipse in the upper right corner of the screen and choose Basemap.
4. Once the Basemap options are displayed choose On Device. Then Choose Leon County Basemap and continue with the assessment.
You should sync the data collected offline when you have good connectivity.
1. Go to the list of maps.
2. If a count shows next to Sync you have local changes, so tap Sync.
3. Wait for it to complete.