IDA Quick Start
If you require any further information, please Contact Support
Quick start guide PDF
Tap the Collector icon
You may be taken to a sign in page. If so, choose the default (do nothing) and press continue.
The device is already logged into ArcGIS Online. If you are prompted for credentials at this point contact email@example.com
Please note: Most users will be taken directly to the map choices.
In the list of maps, tap the map's thumbnail that corresponds with your assigned zip code.
1. The application will zero in on your location. To collect the most accurate result zoom in as much as you can by touching the screen with two fingers and spread the fingers to magnify a specific target.
2. GPS positioning accuracy.
3. Select the official address point when you are satisfied with the accuracy and location.
4. Select the address box to begin the collection process.
The details screen will appear. Select the edit icon to proceed.
The Assessment page.
1. Answer each question to the best of your ability. If the date and time do not automatically pre-populate, press Use Current.
2. Photos are an important part of the process. You are encouraged to take as many photos as possible.
3. Press the attachment icon.
4. Choose camera and take not only photos of the damage but a photo of the scene.
5. To accept the photo taken press the check.
6. Once completed press the checkbox in the upper left corner of the screen to submit.
Tap the feature to enable the summary information box.
Tap the summary information box to access all the available feature options (copy, edit, delete, zoom to, directions to).
1. To view the details of the feature to edit tap Edit Feature.
3. (if editing attributes) Update the form – tap a field to edit it, tap Done when field is complete.
4. (if editing attachments) Tap Attachments Tap Add to add each attachment, tap an existing attachment to download or delete it. Once downloaded, tap to rename or save to your device. Tap Done when attachment changes are in place.
5. Tap Update.
The Initial Damage Assessment application is fully operational offline. To access the "offline" map:
1. Press the ellipse in the lower right corner of the screen and choose Basemap.
2. Once the Basemap options are displayed choose On Device
3. Then Choose Leon County Basemap and continue with the assessment.
You should sync the data collected offline when you have good connectivity.
1. Go to the list of maps.
2. If a count shows next to Sync you have local changes, so tap Sync.
3. Wait for it to complete.